KEY POINTS TO NOTE
- The entry period will run from Monday 12th February 2018 till Friday 30 March 2018
- Applicants must be members of a Department of Tourism approved Tourism Association
- Applicants must have insurance cover and a Business Name Registration Certificate (some exceptions apply)
- Entrants are required to submit within the minimum and maximum amounts of information in the required format
- Each category will be judged on key criteria which are worth points as noted and are awarded on all information supplied within the maximum limits specified
Getting your entry forms
Entering is easy this year
You can submit an electronic copy of the entry form for the category you are entering.
To make things even easier, you don’t have to fill out the form all at the same time. Once you’ve started, you can save your progress and go back to where you left off the next time you visit.
If you’d prefer to complete your entry form on paper, visit the Vanuatu Tourism Office for a copy of the entry form or download a paper form here.
Submitting your entry
It's important to take your time with your entry and make sure your submission is correct.
Step 1: Pay Entry Fee with Submission
Cheques, cash or bank/money transfer will be accepted. A receipt will be issued upon payment.
Cheque and bank transfer details are as follows:
Vanuatu Tourism Awards For Excellence
Account Number 2000740783
Port Vila, Vanuatu
Reference: (Entrant Name) + Awards Entry Fee
Step 2: Check your Submissions
Use the checklist on the entry form to ensure you have provided all required information.
Ensure you attach all required supporting documentation in the format required.
Ensure you clearly note any instances where the MINIMUM judging criteria is not relevant to your submission and why.
Step 3: Submitting your Forms
If you have completed the form online, you have submitted your application.
Or, you can use one of the following methods:
You can submit your forms, marked confidential, with the receipt of payment or transfer of payment using one of the following methods:
- Email as a PDF to: email@example.com
- Mail to:
Vanuatu Tourism Awards for Excellence,
Vanuatu Tourism Office,
PO Box 209,
- Deliver to: Vanuatu Tourism Office, Port Vila Vanuatu Tel: (678) 22685 / 22515
The Judging Process
Judging is the key step in determining the winner - a clear submission helps
Once the Award entry has closed, the judging process begins.
Phase One: Compliance
All entries are first assessed by the Awards Secretariat for compliance. Compliant entries will then be assessed by a panel of Judges consisting of local and international tourism experts.
Phase Two: Judging Submissions
All submissions will be judged per the criteria as detailed in the entry forms and on supporting documentation relating to these criteria. All entrants will be provided with written feedback on their entries by the judges either by email or mail following the Awards dinner and announcement of winners.
Phase Three: Finalists’ Review
Three candidates will be shortlisted as finalists for each category. Site visits (in June) to the finalists will be made before final judging.
The purpose of a site visit is to assess the business being nominated and verify claims that may be made within the submission.
- Areas of interest include:
Business plan documentation
- OH&S and risk management policies
- Customer service policies and results of customer feedback
- Human resources
- Sustainability initiatives
In addition to the site visit, Judges will consider customer feedback on the operator from a variety of sources in evaluating the finalists.
A panel of Judges will decide the winning entry for each Award category, and their decision is final.
- Island Style: Free to enter
- Mid-Range Accommodation: 5,000 Vatu
- Boutique Accommodation: 5,000 Vatu
- Hotel/ Resort: 5,000 Vatu
- Luxury Accommodation: 5,000 Vatu
- Traditional/Kastom-based Tour: Free to enter
- Adventure Activity: 5,000 Vatu
- Ocean Experience: 5,000 Vatu
- Recreational / Soft Adventure Tour: 5,000 Vatu
- Customer Service: 2,500 Vatu
- Behind the Scenes: 2,500 Vatu
- Tour Guide: 2,500 Vatu
- Handicraft Leadership: Free to enter
- Youth in Tourism: Free to enter
- Transport Ambassador: Free to enter